Dr. Honghui Pan
Honghui Pan is postdoctoral researcher affiliated with the Department of Educational Sciences. She obtained her PhD of Adult Educational Sciences in 2019 focusing on social participation in later life. After her PhD, she developed profound research interests in cultural implications for wellbeing and loneliness in older migrants with an ethnic minority background. She has participated in several local and international projects aiming to giving a voice to and empower older vulnerable adults. During the covid-19 pandemic, she has coordinated research focusing on increased loneliness in older Chinese migrants and risk and protective factors to loneliness.
- Pan, H., Dury, S., Duppen D., Wang, R., De Donder, L. (2022). Motivators and barriers to social participation in two Chinese long-term care institutions: A focus-group study. Geriatric Nursing, 44: 90-96.
- Pan, H., Fokkema, T., Switsers, L., Dury, S., Hoens, S., & De Donder, L. (2021). Older Chinese migrants in coronavirus pandemic: Exploring risk and protective factors to increased loneliness. European Journal of Ageing, 18: 207-215.
- Pan, H., Fokkema, T., Wang, R., Dury, S., & De Donder, L. (2021). ‘It’s like a double-edged sword’: Understanding Confucianism’s role in activity participation among first-generation older Chinese migrants in the Netherlands and Belgium. Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology, 36(3), 229–252.
- Pan, H., Dury, S., Duppen, D., Lehto, V., Wang, R., & De Donder, L. (2020). Social Participation in Older Adults after Relocation to Long-Term Care Institutions in China: A Qualitative Study. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 37(3), 164–176.
- Pan, H., De Donder, L., Dury, S., Wang, R., De Witte, N., & Verté, D. ( 2019). Social participation among older adults in Belgium’s Flanders region: Exploring the roles of both new and old media usage. Information, Communication & Society, 22(13), 1956-1972.
- Participation, culture and migration
- Loneliness and wellbeing in Chinese migrants
- Qualitative & Quantitative methodology
GET IN TOUCH